The Council of European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS) is the representative body of national informatics associations throughout greater Europe. Established in 1989 by 9 European informatics societies, CEPIS has since grown to represent IT professionals in 28 countries.
Find out more about our members
CEPIS aspires to promote best practice for IT professionals and users throughout Europe by
- promoting high standards to further mature and promote IT professionalism;
- building gender balance in IT industry and inspire more young people to pursue IT-related education and careers;
- advocating for a digitally competent and skilled general workforce in support of employability and higher productivity;
- advocating for the socially responsible adoption, secure, ethical, inclusive and environmentally friendly application of IT in Europe.
The Council, composed of representatives of all Member Societies, is the governing body of CEPIS. Meetings are held twice a year. The Council has ultimate control over CEPIS and its activities; it takes decisions regarding strategy, finance, projects and membership.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of a President and six Members of the Board. It is elected by the Council and provides general guidance for the organisation. The current composition of the Board is as follows:
- President: Byron Nicolaides, Hellenic Professionals Informatics Society (HEPIS), Greece. Term of office: 2020 – 2023 (not eligible for re-election)
- Members of the Board
- Gillian Arnold, British Computer Society (BCS), United Kingdom. Term of office: 2020 – 2023 (eligible for re-election).
- Ronald Bieber, Oesterreichische Computer Gesellschaft (OCG), Austria. Term of office: 2020 – 2023 (eligible for re-election).
- Declan Brady, Irish Computer Society (ICS), Ireland. Term of office: 2019 – 2022 (not eligible for re-election).
- Kai Rannenberg, Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V (GI), Germany. Term of office: 2018 – 2021 (eligible for re-election).
- Paolo Schgör, Associazione Italiana per l’Informatica ed il Calcolo Automatico (AICA), Italy. Term of office: 2018 – 2021 (not eligible for re-election).
You can find out more about CEPIS governance, goals and procedures in the CEPIS Constitution and Standing Orders.
Avenue Roger Vandendriessche 18, 1150 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32 (0) 2 772 18 36 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Details: Amsterdam, Nederland – Belgisch centrum van Werkzaamheden. Registration number: 0880.146.128.