On 29 June we held an interactive online workshop to discover the impact of inclusive language on fostering diversity, equality, and empowerment at work.
For this second workshop in our dynamic series, “Your People, Your Potential – Tools for Impact,” we delved into the transformative power of gender-inclusive language. The workshop was led by Elisabeth Schauermann, Team Lead of the German Informatics Society (GI), which is a Gold Certified Member of the DiversIT Charter. Elisabeth gave a short introductory presentation, after which she led an interactive discussion. The participants had the opportunity to:
- Learn about the background, development process, and rationale behind the updated GI gender-inclusive language guidelines;
- Reflect on challenges and opportunities for inclusive language in the participants’ own native and working languages: we had insights from 6 languages: English, Greek, Slovak, Dutch, Latvian and German!
- Explore diverse language realities;
- Think collectively about practical approaches for implementing inclusive language policies in your own business and organisation;
- Share their experience and expertise.
The intro presentation is available here (pdf). Stay tuned for our next workshop!