Date: 26 November 2020, 10:00 – 13:00 CET
There is a consistent lack of tech professionals in Europe. It has been proven that diverse teams increase potential for innovation in tech companies. Gender equality in the workforce increases even countries’ GDP. Yet, even with all these potential benefits, women still make up only 16% of the Information Technology (IT) workforce. How to increase gender diversity in tech?
This event was held to enable attendees to learn about the CEPIS DiversIT Charter – our new initiative of recognition of the existing efforts of your organisation and guidance to help your organisation embed gender diversity into its IT roles.
Presentations, recording of the event and other materials will be made available soon.
Welcome address and presentation about CEPIS
10:00 – 10:15
- Byron Nicolaides, President, CEPIS
The importance of gender diversity – EU policy perspective
10:15 – 10:30
- Message from Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Evelyn Regner MEP, Chair of Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality, European Parliament
What is DiversIT Charter?
10:30 – 10:45
- Gillian Arnold, Chair, CEPIS Women in ICT expert group
The importance of diversity in ICT industry
10:45 – 11:00
- Cecilia Bonefeld-Dahl, Director General, DIGITALEUROPE
Gender diversity in tech: the perspective of employees and trade unions
11:00 – 11:15
- Marta Ochoa, Director of Youth and Senior Coordinator for Equal Opportunities, UNI Europa
11:15 – 11:30
Best practices in retention and attraction of women to ICT roles – panel discussion
11:30 – 12:30
Moderator: Saskia van Uffelen, Corporate Vice President INETUM, Digital Champion of Belgium
- Vessela Karloukovska, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Eva Fabry, Managing Director, European Centre for Women in Technology
- Christine Regitz, Vice President, SAP
- Valeria de Flaviis, Head of Innovative Models, Novartis
- Sevil Kayas, Head of Talent Strategy & Development, Vodafone Turkey
- Jef Van In, CEO, Axa Insurance Belgium
DiversIT Charter in practice
12:30 – 12:45
- Petra Kotuliakova, member of CEPIS Women in ICT expert group
- Arnheiður Guðmundsdóttir, member of CEPIS Women in ICT expert group
Call to action and closing remarks
12:45 – 13:00
- Austeja Trinkunaite, Secretary General, CEPIS
Working towards gender equality in tech requires involvement from all stakeholders. Contribute to achieving gender balance by sharing the information about this event and the DiversIT Charter with your network!
Share on social media: